Affiliated Network for Social Accountability in East Asia and the Pacific (ANSA-EAP) Foundation, Inc. hosts and implements the CheckMySchool initiative with support from the Open Society Foundation. It is a non-stock, non-profit corporation registered under the Philippine law.
The ANSA-EAP promotes social accountability in the region by providing networking and learning facilities. By social accountability, it refers to the process of constructive engagement between citizens and government for the monitoring of the use of public resources. It aims to improve the delivery of public services, promote community welfare and protect people’s rights.
Project Manager, CheckMySchool (CMS)
Redempto S. Parafina, or Dondon, is the Executive Director of the Affiliated Network for Social Accountability in East Asia and the Pacific (ANSA-EAP) Foundation, Inc. As an international development practitioner, he has recognized track record in civil society networking, capacity building and advancing innovations in citizen participation in governance. With over fourteen years of experience, he is consulted on the technical application of social accountability in various fields and sectors, such as education, health, public procurement, ICT, youth/children, among others. His work has spanned the Philippines and various East Asian countries. He is also a Senior Associate at the Ateneo de Manila University’s School of Government, where he has spearheaded various projects. He is a graduate student of philosophy, a boy scout and a dragonboat paddler.
Networking Coordinator, CheckMySchool (CMS)
James Nigel C. Panganiban is the Networking Coordinator of CMS. He graduated from the University of the Philippines Diliman in 2014 with a degree in BA Political Science. He likes discussing topics in international relations and has a keen interest in the story of conflicts in the 20th century ranging from the Second World War to the Vietnam War.
Research Coordinator, CheckMySchool (CMS)
Wilson Villones is a research coordinator of the Affiliated Network for Social Accountability in East Asia and the Pacific. He has worked on a variety of projects relating to CheckMySchool. More recently, his works focused on citizen engagement, civic technology, issue resolution, accountability mapping and open data. Mr. Villones is also working as a writer for the University of the Philippines System Committee on Public Service Monitoring and Reporting. He is currently writing his thesis for his master’s degree at the University of the Philippines, where he also earned his bachelor’s degree in Philosophy (magna cum laude).
Communications Associate, CheckMySchool (CMS)
Darlene Motil works as Communications Associate at CMS. She writes and publishes contents on websites and the social media; she also does graphic designs. She has a degree in Communication from Ateneo de Naga University.
Administrative Associate, CheckMySchool (CMS)
Yliza Olaso works as Administrative Associate at CMS. She graduated from Far Eastern University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies in June 2017. She has always been interested in education and aspires to contribute to the development of the education system in the Philippines.
1. Christine Cruz – Communications Associate
2. Erica Cabanilla – Administrative Associate
3. Gladys Honey Selosa – Operations Manager
4. Jan Carlo de Leon – Technical Unit Coordinator
5. Jecel Censoro – Project Manager
6. John Aldrich Telebrico – Research Coordinator
7. Karl Mikel Pregon – Networking Coordinator
8. Maria Gabriela L. Alegre – Communications Coordinator
9. Paul Thomas Villanueva – Learning and Knowledge Management Coordinator
10. Rodolfo Lahoy Jr. – Research Associate
11. Sigrid Jan Sibug – Project Associate
12. Athena Gabrielle Abanto – Communications Coordinator
13. Hannah Althea Estipona – Research, Knowledge and Learning Coordinator
14. Vincent Romero – Sustainability Coordinator
15. Brenda Jane D. Pureza – Communications Coordinator
16. Sandra Laureano – Administrative and Communications Associate